Re: Open Software & Constitutionally Protected Speech

This was not done by NASA if I recall.  Rather groups were allowed to
put projects on the space shuttle.  Yes they would probably still be a
good group to ask because they had to modify the code for it to work on
thier hardware.  Without source this would not be possible.  Linux
Journal had a nice articale or two about this.

On a similar train of thought, what about all the porters to non x86
hardware.  Without source Linux would not propogate as well as it does.
Also the lack of source for crypto programs means that these apps can
not be run on my new Netwinder or someones Alpha.