Re: URGENT: SCSI problems

On Sunday 2 August 1998, at 12 h 53, the keyboard of
kaih@khms.westfalen.de (Kai Henningsen) wrote:

> From what I hear, both the problem and the solution are Adaptek. That is,
> they've been reluctant in the past to give out information, but that's
> recently changed, so expect the situation to get better.

All I can say is what I read on the aic7xxx mailing list. The developer of the FreeBSD driver keeps saying that Adaptec was always quite supportive of the development of his driver. (He thinks the problem we have lies in the Linux SCSI code.) He estimates that the recent overhyped change in the Adaptec policy doesn't really matter since the specs Adaptec releases are the specs of the firmware, which are released only under a NDA, so are irrelevant for Linux or FreeBSD.

Several reports for trustable people indicate that there never was problems with Adaptec boards on FreeBSD.