Re: All of uu.net about to be banned.

Igor Grobman <igor@igoria.net> wrote:
> I think this is a good idea. IMHO, the best way to implement it would
> be to only relay if there is some string in the header or in the body
> of the message that will only be known to debian-private subscribers.
> How hard is this to do with qmail? I suspect it's not trivial, but
> I'll look into it and see what I can come up with.

Actually, that's pretty trivial.  Look at the qmail-command man page
for details.

For example, put this in a .qmail file:

| grep '^X-Bogus-Header: 795215567a04e13e6c86c26d625bf567' || (echo 'Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)'; exit 100)

If this fails, the message bounces, if it succeeds the following delivery
lines can take effect.  I suppose you could change the error message,
that's just a matter of taste.

[Of course, you'll want to strip out the bogus header line, and perhaps
others, and forward its way...  Depending on how you do that, you may
prefer the rewriting code to decide whether or not to issue a diagnostic
and bounce the message.]

[I'm presuming that some people are using uucp for email, and thus
can't use ssh as a mail relay.]

--
Raul is looking forward to seeing qmail in "verbatim"