Re: kaffe

On Mon, Aug 17, 1998 at 12:07:31PM -0500, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> I am trying to coordinate getting the package into main. Some developers are
> arguing that it does not constitute a "real" functional VM because it won't
> run such or so-and-so and therefore doesn't belong in main. My feeling is
> that any DFSG VM is better than no DFSG VM so it should go in main.

You have my support to put this package in main if: It is dfsg free, the author
is happy with Debian packaging it and it does not break the users system
(if it is incompatible to your setup you should be able to solve the problems
by deinstalling it or setting the diversions correctly).

This is all we ever required for software to be in main, I can't think of
any valid reason to reject a package if the three conditions above are
fulfilled.

There needs to be some thoughts about java packages in contrib and wrt to
virtual packages. But those have to be adressed independently, IMHO.

Thank you,
Marcus