Re: dpkg mechanism suggestion

Hi,

	I think this would need more thought than this. You can't just
 defer configuration of packages at a whim; this would break
 dependencies (you have to defer configuration of all dependents,
 since so far, dependency mechanisms have guaranteed that your
 postinst shall not be run until all dependents are configured.

	I am afraid that his would mean that typical run would be done
 one or two packages at a time, which is not optimal.

	I think non-interactive installs acn't just be patched on; we
 need to seriously think of the configuration query infrastructure and
 database that we have desu,torily spoken about in the past.

	manoj
--
 Violence in reality is quite different from theory. Spock, "The Cloud
 Minders", stardate 5818.4