Re: Useful paper for the free software community?

Hi,

	How about "why"? On IRC the other day, a person could not
 explain why the forst amendment was important (apart from "I
 really like it, and it is importent for me"). They we unable to say
 why the people in power would find it beneficial (and not just
 because it would be unconstituiotnal to do otherwise). Everyhting he
 had was a knee jerk regurgitaion of what someone else said.

	I wonder what people think is crucial about having free
 software? I think most people would come down to "well, it don't cost
 nothing" reasons. Do a paper about the meaning of the free software
 *community*. And why it is a good idea to have it around, for society
 at large.

	manoj
--
 "If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for
 reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." Albert Einstein