Re: X11 Packages

In article <[🔎] 19980815110358.X1264@test.legislate.com> you write:
>Dominik Rothert <domi@debian.org> wrote:
>> why does the xserver do not require xbase ?
>
>Because X is designed so that the xserver can be a different machine
>than the x clients.
>
>That said, the xfree86 xservers should probably suggest xbase.

is it realy ok for the xservers to run xbase-configure without a xbase
dependency ? iny many cases xbase will be unpacked but not configured,
and i don't think it's good to run xbase-configure from xserver in that state.

maybe i'm too stupid, but the only way to install x11 on debian for me was
to say "n" everytime, till all packages were installed, and then call
XF86Setup manual. is there already a bugreport ? else i should write one, i
guess.

also isn't the use of /usr/{bin,lib}/X11 symlinks disrecommended ?

andreas