Re: blitz license revised.

John Lapeyre wrote:
> 	Here is the change.  I think this is definitly free.  If I don't
> hear objections, I'll plan on putting it in main
>
>  2. The Standard Version of the Library may be distributed as part
>  of a collection of software, provided no more than a reasonable
>  copying fee is charged for the software collection.

I'm afraid this is worse than the previous version.  Having this
package in main would force distributors to charge no more than "a
reasonable copying fee" for any Debian CD.  It would no longer be
possible to claim that only a small part of the price applies to the
blitz package, because the license puts this restriction the software
collection as a whole (and is thus incompatible with section 9 of
the DFSG, "License Must Not Contaminate Other Software").

If there is any semantic difference between "charge a reasonable
copying fee for distribution" and "sell" (and I think there is), then
it does not meet section 1 of the DFSG.

Richard Braakman