Re: Got my 2.0 CD; now a few questions...

Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca> writes:

   1- I have a working rescue disk from bo (with a special kernel for my aic
      2940U SCSI adapter).  Do I need to make a new one?  Or could I use the
      old bo disk to boot and run dselect after the upgrade?

You can copy the kernel from the bo disk to a hamm disk, I think.
YMMV here.

   2- The CD's `upgrade/README-upgrade' never mentions the rescue disk.
      Can I really upgrade with the `normal' system running, without booting
      the rescue disk and loading its ram disk?

Yes.