Re: Is NPL DFSG complient or not?

*- Darren Benham wrote about "Re: Is NPL DFSG complient or not?"
| I agree, the NPL license isn't a package we'd want other's to emulate (say,
| over GPL) but I'd say keeping the source packages around "long after" is a bit
| of an exageration.
| Only 6 months is required after we put out a new version, and if we keep a
| 3/year release cycle, that's only 2 months beyond the next release.  We don't
| have a way to keep the previous releases source tree around?

Well, bo got nuked from ftp.debian.org as soon as hamm was released.
Although this has been acknowledged as a mistake it appears there is
no true mechanism in place to insure this.  Others have put bo mirrors
up but it is not on the 'official' Debian distribution channel.

--
Brian
							   - unknown