Re: Cheapbytes Debian logo is terrible

> >> "s" == servis  <servis@purdue.edu> writes:
>
> s> *- Martin Bialasinski wrote about "Re: Cheapbytes Debian logo is terrible"
> s> |
> s> | >> "WL" == Will Lowe <harpo@udel.edu> writes:
> s> |
> s> | WL> http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart has a copy of "Deb the Debian
> s> | WL> Penguin" alongside cheapbytes's menu item for the 2.0 CDs.  It looks
> s> | WL> terrible.  Do we have a better (less aliased) copy we can give them?
> s> |
> s> | www.debian.org/logos
> s> |
> s> | Various sizes, various imageformats (also scalables ones).
> s> |
> s> | I'll send them a mail.
>
> s> Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a link to this page with some verbage
> s> on http://cdimage.debian.org/. That way vendors don't have to hunt down
> s> the logo page.
>
> Good Idea. I Cc the webmasters, just in case they miss this posting.

I'm not convinced.

The cdimage.debian.org pages are about CD images, and how to get them.  Any
information about publicity on those pages would duplicate info on the main
site, and would quickly become out of date.

BTW they are currently not under the aegis of our webmasters (that's why they
look dire, while the main site looks beautiful --- I have no presentation
skills that I've noticed ;-)

Cheers, Phil.