Re: internal error in dselect from dpkg 1.4.0.23.2

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:

rabe>Hi Ian and/or Klee,
rabe>
rabe>I'm a long-time Slackware user (six years, I think), and I've just started
rabe>using Debian 2.0 because I need a distribution that is glibc2-compatible.
rabe>
rabe>However my first experience has not exactly been a pleasure. It took me a long
rabe>time to select the packages I want installed, and when I was ready doing my
rabe>selections dselect bailed out with the following error message:
rabe>
rabe>  internal error - no filename at -e line 12, <P> chunk 15.
rabe>  installations script returned error exit status 1.
rabe>
rabe>Any idea what could be going wrong?

	This may be a problem that I've seen a few times.  Did you scan
the package directories to create a package list, or did you use the
Packages files from the distribution ?
	I found that this error occured when I scanned for packages, but
not when I used the pre-built packages list.  Try downloadling theses
files and then try to get them into a place where dselect can see them.

	John

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>