Solution -- was Re: moving my Debian pages off fatman

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Christian Schwarz wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> It looks like I have to move all my personal web pages off "fatman" soon.
> That's why I wanted to find new homes for the Debian pages now.  The
> following pages are affected:
>
>   http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian/policy/
>
> 	Debian Policy Home Page
[snip]

>   http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian/kbd/
>
> 	Debian Keyboard Configuration Project

The Policy and Kbd pages are still useful, so I'd suggest that they are
hosted directly on www.debian.org.  The move would require a minimum
ammount of work, since someone would have to change all pages so that I'm
not listed as person of contact anymore.  In addition, these pages need a
new maintainer.  It would be nice if someone could step up and offer help.
I'm willing to assist with the move, but I'm not willing to change the
pages myself (without a new maintainer this wouldn't make much sense
anyway).

It would be nice if someone could contact me about this in the next few
days.  If not, I'm going to remove these pages from "fatman" (I really
have to clean up my account there!), but I'll save these pages at home in
case someone is intrested later.

[snip]
>   http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian/logo/
>
> 	(Old) Debian logo pages

I thought about these pages again and decided to remove these pages from
the net completely (of course, I'll save an offline copy at home just in
case...).  Though the different logos have been a lot of work, these pages
and the "votes" on the pages still seem to confuse some people.

If someone strongly objects now and wants to keep these pages online,
please contact me.  In that case, it would be necessary to rework the
pages completely.  Again, I'd help with this, but I'm not doing all the
work myself!

(Just for the reference:  The roadmap pages have been taken over by Joey.
Thanks Joey!)

Cheers,

Chris
--                  Christian Schwarz
                     schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian has a logo!    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Check out the logo     PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
pages at  http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-logo/