Re: Official CD images

Dale Scheetz wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
>
> > In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.980807110220.24571F-100000@kepler.midco.net> you write:
> > >How does one figure out which release the "Official" CD images are?
> > >I've been mirroring the OfficialCD directory off ftp.debian.org for a
> > >while now - recently someone asked me whether they were 1.3.1r8 or
> > >something else.  Honestly, I don't know :)
> >
> > http://cdimages.debian.org
> >
> I believe that the point here is that this is not ftp.debian.org, which is
> the "official" Debian site. When folks go looking for "Official" products
> of Debian, it is not unreasonable for them to expect to find them on the
> official site.
>
> I understand that space constraints make this problematical, but something
> needs to be there to indicate where these objects are really located.

Hmm, this reminds me of our /OfficialCD directory.  I believe it would
be a good compromise if there would be a .message file linked to a
README file saying where one can get imags from.  We should ask the
ftpmasters to add something like that, imho.

Regards,

	Joey

--
There are lies, statistics and benchmarks.