Re: Need a procmail Guru to help setup a list gateway gateway

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:
> 	The software being used (smartlist?) is essentially procmail,
>  and one can do whatever procmail permits, and I am given to
>  understand procmail should be equal to the task. Joey has provided
>  the following rules that should do the task, but we need a procmail
>  expert to vett this for us. (I think this does not nuke the cc
>  header)

IANAPE, but, I think you can do all you want in a single invocation of
formail (which is part of procmail), which would at least save a fork
or two...

> :0 fhw
> |sed 's/^From: /Apparently-From: /'

This can also be done using formail, as can deleting and/or rewriting
cc's.

:0 fhw
|formail -I 'Reply-To: debian-policy@lists.debian.org' \
	-I 'Mail-Followup-To: debian-policy@lists.debian.org' \
	-R 'From:' 'Apparently-From:' \
	-I 'Cc:'

would put a reply-to (removing any existing), would put a
mail-followup-to (removing any existing), would rename the from: field
to apparently-from:, and would put a blank cc (removing any existing).

The easiest way to be sure this does what you want is to log into
master or some such with an arbitrary message, and pipe it through
formail and see if you get what you want.

Mike.