Re: Debian is secure, the debian lists are not.

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

> Yes, I'm current smartlist maintainer, and smartlist was not originally
> designed to be secure. But with the cookie patches, which are already

I say that if you want cookie patches, then you should be the one that
has to handle all of the requests from the users that cannot figure
out how to do routine things.  You should have to go through the logs
finding people that have tried to subscribe, but can't, and are afraid
to ask or don't know whom to ask for help, etc.  You apparantly aren't
aware of just how much work this will cause for the listmasters.

I would assume that if you were willing to spend several hours a day
dealing with the trouble cookies cause, then they would have no
problem implementing it :-)

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |