Re: POSIX shell; bash ash pdksh & /bin/sh

Hi,

 Santiago> On 6 Aug 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

 >> The fact that we are having this passionate debate indicates that the
 >> reasons have not been as compelling as desired.

 Santiago> Well, to me, the fact that we are having this passionate
 Santiago> debate indicates that perhaps (I'm just wondering) you
 Santiago> would not like very much the idea of putting a Depends:
 Santiago> bash field in some of your packages. I don't have any
 Santiago> problem with this, really. I will never tell you "you are
 Santiago> not allowed to use a required package", it would be silly
 Santiago> on my part.

	You really are not listening t what I say. After all my
 arguments about compatibility, the only thing you come up is this
 ludicrous idea about me not attaching a Depends line? I fail to see
 the point of continuing this debate if that is the case.

	Actually, even the fact you came up with such a (IMHO) petty
 reason speaks volumes.

	manoj
--
 All religions have in common the periodical childlike surrender to a
 Provider or providers who dispense earthly fortune as well as