Re: request for approval [dw2@opencontent.org: Participation in Ad Hoc Group]

On Thu, Aug 06, 1998 at 09:54:08AM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
[snip]
> 3.Derived Works
>
> Yikes. With documentation, as an author, I wouldn't like this. *Certain*
> derived works could be ok, but not *any* derived work. (Modifying certain
> documents to match the local configuration, for example, would be ok with
> me. Including the docs as part of a larger document, I would have to think
> about it)

What about allowing derived works with the following two requests:

1. Any derived work should aknowledge that it is a derived work of the
original document.

2. The derived work can't use the same name of the original document.

This is much like the LaTeX licence works and we already accept this
as DFSG free.

Ciao,

* Federico Di Gregorio  |  /      *-=$< ;-) TeX Wizard?            *
* Debian developer!     | / -1    pgp: finger fog@perosa.alpcom.it *
* <friend of penguins>  |/        try http://www.debian.org        *
******************DE 9E B2 75 B4 F6 CC 5B  C3 D5 71 51 04 AB F3 B2**