Re: Several reasons why debian should not use bash for /bin/sh

On Mon, Aug 03, 1998 at 08:27:12PM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, Jeff Sheinberg wrote:
>
> > Rob Browning writes:
> >  > You may want other things in /var too.  For example, bind stores all
> >  > its local DNS configuration in /var/named.
> >
> > Sorry, this is wrong.  /etc/named.boot and friends are all config
> > files.  They do not belong in /var.  Only the cache files belong in
> > /var.
> >

> This is an area of some contention.  Last time I saw it discussed on
> -policy, it was thought that named files are 'database' files and live in
> /var (compare to mysql, for example).

Except, of course, they are only (or at least principally) edited by
hand, and so I would consider them conffiles.

But along these lines - bind STILL contains a collection of 4.9.x zone
and conf files.  I'm not going to file a bug about it (late, tired,
broken system), but if the maintainer happens to see this, could you
please remove them?

Dan