Re: Several reason a minimal POSIX /bin/bash is a bad idea

>>"Clint" == Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> writes:

 >> Bash already runs a restricted mode when called as sh, and since it is
 >> already in use on a Debian system, why add more load to memory by adding
 >> another, more restrictive sh just for shell scripts?

 Clint> Already in use?  There are presently no instances of bash
 Clint> running on my system, and the only script I can find which
 Clint> uses bash is /etc/init.d/rc.

	Then you are not running Debian (Essential, required
 package). If I were a conspiracy theorist, this is the time to accuse
 you of trying to sabotage Debian by making us change our shell.
 Conceptual integrity in turn dictates that the design must proceed
 from one mind, or from a very small number of agreeing resonant
 minds. Frederick Brooks Jr., "The Mythical Man Month"