Re: POSIX shell\; bash ash pdksh \& /bin/sh

Hi,
>>"Herbert" == Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> writes:

 Herbert> As far as I am concerned, you are advocating the status quo,
 Herbert> which means that every time I install bash, /bin/sh is
 Herbert> linked to bash again.

	Not quite, as Guy has pointed out. I am advocating minimal
 gratuitous breakage of third party and user scripts for little or no
 technical improvement. I am not advocating a non-POSIX /bin/sh; I am
 am merely saying that a superset of POSIX which users have gotten
 used to should not be summarily changed.

	This is a user-friendliness and backwards compatibility
 issue. I am not willing to dump compatibility just so I can feel good
 about a ``pure'' POSIX /bin/sh.

	manoj
--
 "To YOU I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition." Woody
 Allen