Re: Gnome Midnight Commander (Was: Weekend upgrade seems to mess up L ocales)

Michael Bramer on Fri, Jul 31, 1998 at 02:44:41AM +0200:
> > This happened to me when I upgraded to a newer gcc and recompiled libc
> > with it.  I corrected the problem by recompiling libc with an older gcc
> > again.  I've since upgraded to egcs and recompiled libc therewith, and
> > don't have this problem.
>
> I have libc6_2.0.7t-1.deb. Must I compile libc6 myself?

I really don't know, I'm using glibc-2.0.6 compiled with egcs-1.0.3a and
binutils-2.9.1, all compiled by hand from upstream source.  The missing
symbols in libc affected other programs as well.  There is some
information somewhere on the web or dejanews about this particular
symbol IIRC.

--
Scott