Re: what options do we have was Re: POSIX shell; bash ash pdksh & /bin/sh

> have not packaged yet?  A slim /bin/sh would be nice.  I currently use
> ash and am happy with the change.  cron scripts and boot time seems
> better.

I'll agree that it's good to have a POSIX-compliant shell around for the
sake of compatibility,  but who says we can't use ash as /bin/sh and just
keep bash around for compatibility?  Does the posix standard state that
the posix-compliant shell must be accessable via /bin/sh?  It'd be nice if
the standard let you call the shell /bin/posixsh or something so that if
you absolutely needed posix features for whatever script you were writing
you could use #!/bin/posixsh ...

Alternatively,  can we add posixisms to ash?  Or talk the upstream people
into it?
                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |