Re: Is this expected ssh behavior?

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Lee Bradshaw wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 1998 at 12:12:36PM +0200, Remco van de Meent wrote:
> > On 29 Jul 1998, Rob Browning wrote:
> >
> >  :   $ ssh somehost bash -c xlock
> >  :
> >  : but no luck...
> >
> > Does 'ssh somehost bash --login -c xlock' give better results?
>
> No.
>
> $ ssh freefall bash --login -c xclock
> bash: xclock: command not found

It works here:

mitchell@gtesun:mitchell$ ssh bhmit1@tx.cs.wm.edu bash -login -c xclock
No New Announcements
Waiting for forwarded connections to terminate...
The following connections are open:
  X11 connection from tx port 7454

What is the difference between your .bashrc and your .bash_profile.  I
usually try to make mine symlinks to each other.

HTH,
Brandon

                                    --+--
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu> | Debian Testing Group Status
PGP Key:   finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu |  http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/deb/
    Dijkstra probably hates me (Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c)