Re: Several reasons why debian should not use bash for /bin/sh

On Wed, Jul 29, 1998 at 08:06:45PM -0400, Scott McDermott wrote:
> Easy solution:
>
> 	--enable-minimal-config 	a minimal sh-like configuration

[...]
> Just make a minimal bash and use that as sh, the full one as bash.

IMHO this should be default - assuming that the minimal config is
POSIX compliant.  I mean, the default installation should have a
minimal bash as /bin/sh.  The full one can be installed as /bin/bash.

        Antti-Juhani
--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi> ** <URL:http://www.iki.fi/gaia/> **

         I can't seem to find a lowercase 'r' on my keyboard.
        (Lee Davies in comp.unix.programmer on July 22, 1998)