Re: Mirrors

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Joel Klecker wrote:

> At 21:25 -0700 1998-07-28, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> >We now have a small list of push-primary mirrors. All of these mirrors are
> >highly accurate and reliable, more so than ftp.debian.org
>
> Considering that, maybe the ftp.debian.org CNAME should be changed.

Actually we have a bit of a problem. I can't do anything about
ftp.debian.org because people mirror off it. To convert to rsync requires
that the time on EVERY file is changed to accomidate timezones. Obviously
this will nuke mirror/fmirror.

I will be having more anon-rsync mirrors available and hope to encourage
people to switch to them.

Jason