Re: Why has bo vanished from the archives?

On Wed, Jul 29, 1998 at 03:15:01PM -0400, Tim Sailer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 1998 at 02:11:12PM -0500, servis@purdue.edu wrote:
> > I understand that not all mirror sites will have the space to keep
> > copies of all the archive, that is each mirrors choice.  But I think
> > at the very minimum the 'official' ftp site of ftp.debian.org should
> > keep a copy of bo around.  If I recall weren't buzz and rex each kept
> > around for at least a little while before being removed?

> Please understand that *everything* about Debian is volunteer. We can't
> require anyone to do anything. Most mirrors don't have the luxury of
> lots of free space..

    Tim, read his post again.  Note the very first line.  "I understand that
not all mirror sites will have the space..."  Then note the second line.
"But I think... ...'offical' ftp site of ftp.debian.org..."

    He isn't talking about mirrors, he is talking about the main site.

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my