Re: "goals" for slink: FHS

Hi,
>>"Richard" == Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> writes:

 Richard> Future FHS-compliant packages will put files in /usr/share, and you
 Richard> cannot be sure that none have been unpacked before the "fhs" preinst
 Richard> is run.  So everything will have to Pre-Depend, not just Depend, on
 Richard> the fhs package.

	We should make it possible to mix and match packages from Hamm
 and Slink. This fhs package that moves things at once would make that
 harder. I think we should be working on getting a hybrid system in
 place, which can be incrementaly upgraded, rather than get into
 another glibc-like upgrade all at once or else transition.

	manoj

--
 "You don't just go to the Black Lodge and walk out with your
 girlfriend." Karl, explaining the last episode of Twin Peaks