Re: "goals" for slink: FHS

On Wed, Jul 29, 1998 at 02:34:18AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	What acrually reads stuff in /usr/{doc,info,man}, except for
>  humans? If the man and info readers are changed to look in both
>  places, that takes care of the man/info problem.

[...]
> 	Depends. How many packages are we talking about? (It's 3 am
>  and I can't think about anything else at the moment)

I did some grepping for /usr/man in hamm upstream sources.  I have a
list of 16 suspicious packages - I'll have to check them manually -
including xcontrib (xman) and xwpe, which revert to a hardwired path
if MANPATH is not set.  man2html and dwww are also suspects.  I
haven't yet checked their Debian diffs, it may be that some of this
has been corrected there.

I'll have to grep for /usr/info sometime.  But over NFS it takes some
time to grep through whole hamm, so I'll have to have a quiet moment
to do that.

When I have a proper list, what do you think, should I post it here?
Should I post bug reports?  Should ´I do something :-)

        Antti-Juhani
--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi> ** <URL:http://www.iki.fi/gaia/> **

         I can't seem to find a lowercase 'r' on my keyboard.
        (Lee Davies in comp.unix.programmer on July 22, 1998)