Re: SUMMARY: pentium optimized debian discussion

Shaleh wrote:
> I do not see the point in recompiling everything.  But the obvious CPU
> crunchers would be good targets.

Yes, I've only been planning on building the base system, plus any packages
that I can benchmark and see a clear speed increase in the pentium version.

> What are you using to to show the speed ups?  I have a Cyrix 150+ and
> would like to try and show if it works for Cyrixs or not.

I've just been running simple benchmarks with time so far. Ie, I ran gzip
and gunzip on some large files and compared the pentium and non-pentium
versions's times. (Beware of disk cache throwing off your results when
doing this.) Of cuse, I ran the tests many times.

--
see shy jo