intent to package more math things

	I am looking at some more math packages. I'm looking at many of
them and going for DFSG-free and apparant quality first. Please feedback
if interested.  I can't guarantee when I'll get them done.  Also, some of
them look nice, but are packaged in a rather bizarre manner.  Some do not
unpack into a new directory , some have no version number.  Should I make
up a new version number ? Make a new tar.gz so that dpkg-source can make a
diff ? :

---------------
	ballandstick: (GPL)
	"This program uses X-window graphics to produce ball-and-sticks
plots."
	This actually works quite well and has neat features. You give an
input file of positions of atoms, and it draws a picture which you can
rotate and scale and color, etc.
	The pacakging is unorthodox. No version number, unpacks into same
dir. as tar file. builds via a csh script.  Can't locate author.  But the
program is really kind of cool.

----------------
	cln: (GPL)
	Haven't had a chance to test it much yet.  This looks quite nice.

	Class Library for Numbers

Copyright (c) Bruno Haible 1988-1998

GPL

Features:
- Rich set of number classes:
  Integer (unlimited precision), rational,
  short float, single float, double float,
  long float (unlimited precision), complex,
  modular integer, univariate polynomial.
- Elementary, logical, transcendental functions.
- C++ as implementation language brings
    - efficiency,
    - type safety,
    - algebraic syntax.
- Memory efficiency:
    - Small integers and short floats are immediate,
      not heap allocated.
    - Automatic, non-interruptive garbage collection.
- Speed efficiency:
    - Assembly language kernel for some CPUs,
    - Karatsuba and Schnhage-Strassen multiplication.
- Interoperability:
    - Garbage collection with no burden on
      the main application,
    - hooks for memory allocation and exceptions.

--------------------------------

	circle: (GPL)

	This one seems to work well. Neat demos. Pretty mathematical

	Programs by and available from Ken Stephenson,
Dept. of Math., University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996-1300
Phone (423) 974-4330, e-mail kens@math.utk.edu
http://www.math.utk.edu/~kens

The program "CirclePack" is a C program written for the creation,
display, manipulation, and storage of circle packings using the
X-Windows GUI.

-----------------------------

	sciplot: (GPL)

	This looks pretty solid too.

README for SciPlot Widget, version 1.3
Robert W. McMullen <rwmcm@orion.ae.utexas.edu>

OVERVIEW

The SciPlot Widget is a widget capable of plotting cartesian or polar
graphs, including logarithmic axes in cartesian plots.  The widget is
subclassed directly from the Core widget class, which means that it does
not depend upon any other widget set.  It may be freely used with Athena,
Motif, or the Open Look/Xview widget sets.  (There is optional Motif
support that causes the widget to be subclassed from XmPrimitive.  See the
man page.)

Features provided in the widget include automatic scaling, legend drawing,
axis labeling, PostScript output, multiple plotted lines, color support,
user font specification, dashed lines, symbols drawn at points,
logarithmic scales on one or both axes in cartesian plots, and degrees or
radians as angles in polar plots.

Source code for the SciPlot Widget is available via anonymous ftp on
ftp.x.org in /contrib/widgets as SciPlot-?.?.tar.gz.  I have also set up
the Offical SciPlot Web Site (tm) at
http://www.ae.utexas.edu/~rwmcm/SciPlot.html that should always include
the latest patchlevel update.

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>