Re: tech proposal to make manoj somewhat happy.

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Raul Miller wrote:

: Nathan E Norman <finn@midco.net> wrote:
: > where the process is not intuitive.  On the other hand, if you're asking
: > the user for an IP address and they've never heard of IP, should we
: > refer them to a Stevens book or something??
:
: Er.. I'd wager that most people who know how to recognize an IP address
: have never read anything by Stevens (or Comer or ...).

Ok, point taken ... but that doesn't address my original point: how many
details can you "hide" before you've totally exhausted the combined
resources of the user and the install program to do the right thing?

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104