windowmanager themes proposal (was: fvwm2 plus)

[David Welton: about his fvwm2 plus package]
>The reason why this is a seperate package is that the fvwm2 maintainer
>thinks that it is best to make our fvwm2 behave exactly like the
>standard one.  I'm not totally sure I agree, but his argument
>definitely has some merits, and I'm happy to do the work necessary to
>create what I find useful.

does it require modifications to the fvwm2 binary ? maybe you can create two
binaries ?

if it's config files and icons only, i have a different suggestion:

themes packages
===============

providing only one default config file for a windowmanager is not so
interesting - most people will not like it. so what about providing several
configuration files and let the user choose. put the extra config files in a
"theme" package, which could hold config files for several window managers,
and also icons, backgrounds and such stuff.

so debian needs :
 - a common place for these files. for example
   /usr/share/wmthemese/<theme>.<wmname>, like classic.fvwm2
 - a common program to allow installation of one of these files, e.g.
   to list all .../*.fvwm2 files and copy one of it to
   /etc/X11/fvwm2/system.fvwm2rc or ~/.fvwm2rc
 - a common way to store icon files. the config files can get the icons they
   want via PATH like mechanisms (most windowmanagers do it that way).
   for example : /usr/share/icons/{packages,<theme>}
   where normal package sinstall their icon (e.g. dosemu, gimp, ...) in the
   packages/ dir, and theme packages with icon collections use their own
   subdir.

what do you think ?

bzw: many icons can used by both - webservers and filemanagers. maybe we can
use that feature ? i would like apache to use some crazy icons :-)

andreas