Re: Re^4: Should we ship KDE in hamm?

Hi,
>>"Marco" == Marco Budde <Marco.Budde@hqsys.antar.com> writes:

 Marco> Am 23.07.98 schrieb joey # infodrom.north.de ...
 Marco> Moin Martin!

 Marco> And we could of course say that Qt is a standard library of a Linux
 Marco> system, because most distributions include it. And if it#s a standard
 Marco> library there#s no problem with the GPL.

	You mean, we should lie just so that we can distribute KDE? I
 think I am against lying. Also, if ever there is a legal dispute,
 lying would not sit well with the court.

 Marco> And remember: the author himself could always break the GPL!

	Yup. But Debian is not the author. We can't distribute stuff
 we have not been given permission to.

 MS> > MDS> I use Debian because it is ALL software Open Source.
 MS> > But most users don#t think so!
 MS> ... which doesn't count.

 Marco> I does count. For example I#m interested to build a good
 Marco> distribution and I like the DFSG, but it#s nonsense to force
 Marco> the our users to use only free software.  And we should of
 Marco> course develop the distribution for our users.

	Please read the social contract. Debian is 100% free
 software. Nothing more. And this is not an issue of forcing users; it
 is a matter of breaking the law. I am as averse to breaking the law
 as I am about lying.

	manoj

--
 "They [La Prensa] accused us of suppressing freedom of expression.
 This was a lie and we could not let them publish it." Nelba Blandon,