Re: Re^4: Should we ship KDE in hamm?

On Fri, Jul 24, 1998 at 02:50:00PM +0100, Marco Budde wrote:
> Am 23.07.98 schrieb joey # infodrom.north.de ...
>
> That is wrong. I don#t think that the author breaks the GPL, because he
> uses the non-free Qt library. The GPL says that you can use commercial
> tools which#re selled with the operating system.

Not the author. We would break the GPL.

> And we could of course say that Qt is a standard library of a Linux
> system, because most distributions include it. And if it#s a standard
> library there#s no problem with the GPL.

You MUST be trolling. Or you are very ignorant. Both would make me sad
and angry.

> And remember: the author himself could always break the GPL!

See above.

> MS> The problem is that this is not a matter of 'should' but of 'must'.
>
> Not really. I don#t think that the KDE team breaks the GPL. The problem is
> the GPL itself; the GPL is not very clear in several points.

They have choosen the GPL and are pressing legal problems on everyone who
wants to distribute KDE, for example distributions. Where have you been when
this all was discussed, Marco? PLease go back and read read read and try to
understand.

Marcus