Re: RH and GNOME

Hi,
>>"Enrique" == Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> writes:

 Enrique> On Sat, Jul 25, 1998 at 02:17:44AM -0500, Rob Browning wrote:

 >> That's assuming you think we care that we only have 20000 users.
 >> There are any number of goals more important than head count.  I'd
 >> rather have 2000 users that agree with our goals, than 200,000 who
 >> don't.
 >>
 >> But that's just me...

 Enrique> Rob, did you read my messages where I expressed the idea
 Enrique> that less users (less "market share") can make it harder (or
 Enrique> impossible) to achieve our goal of building a high quality
 Enrique> distribution? Did you find any flaw in my reasoning?

	Yes, MS has shown us how de-facto standards work. However,
 personally, I trust red hat enough to be content to live with the
 staandards that exist in the Linux world, and have users that share
 my sense of community.

	I am not against increasing ehad count. There are, however,
 things that are higher on my list. Like ease of use (not merely ease
 of install). UNIX 98 conformace. Gettin DCE to run well on Linux
 (which has been taking a lot of my time).

	manoj

--
 "...proper attention to Earthly needs of the poor, the depressed and
 the downtrodden, would naturally evolve from dynamic, articulate,