Removal of logfiles?

Hi,

this just came up to my mind, I'm not sure that even I have dealt
with it so I think bringing it up publically is a good thing.

What is our packaging policy about logfiles?

Logfiles are rotated on a daily, weekly or monthly basis through
the /etc/cron.<dir>/ files.

But what happens with the logfiles when the package gets removed
or purged?

I'd suggest that all logfiles will be removed when the package
is purged, but is that written down somewhere and do packages
make use of it?

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.