Special distribution: sid

The ftp organization has one major flaw: there is an assumption that
when I create an architecture in the current unstable, it will be
released when that distribution becomes the new stable.  For many
architectures that isn't the case, with the result that I actually
have to move the directories at release time, chewing up lots of
bandwidth.

I'm adding a special distribution called sid for those architectures
which haven't yet been released.  The first time they are released
there will be a link from the current stable to sid, and from then on
they will be created inside the unstable tree as normal.  sid will
never be released nor even accessed directly - only through symlinks
in the current stable, frozen, or unstable trees.  It will be a mix of
released and unreleased architectures.

Sid was the boy next door who destroyed toys.

Guy