Re: what about delaying hamm release

Hello

I am a relative new boy in this game (as a maintainer), but I must say a
little bit about this mail....

On Thu, Jul 23, 1998 at 10:24:07AM -0400, Alex Yukhimets wrote:
> what do you think about delaying hamm release a little bit?

I don't agree !

Please let hamm out of the door _this_ night!

We have waite a very long time and we all have make a very good work. If
we wait for X, in one or two weeks we have found new bugs (in the mailsystem,
in samba or etc?) and we wait again ...

And please think: The next release is in 3-4 months

> The reason is that X packages are just literally not ready. Every new
> release introduces new bugs. Packages are not tested and tend to fail
> on new installs.
>
> Installation of X is probably the most difficult part of installation
> and installation errors even in the case when all dependencies are met
> will again give us an image of distribution impossible to install.

Get this version or and old version. What say Branden? Branden, what is the
'best' version?

We can make a hamm-update-dir and fill it, after we have find new bugs and
solutions.

Grisu