Re: RH and GNOME

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Philip Hands wrote:

> > Hi,
> >

> > 	The more arguments like this that I hear, the more convinced I
> >  get that we have become too popular.
>
> I know what you mean.
>
> I read these:

  ``lets make Debian more marketable by compromising our freeware principles''

why don't you listen to what I'm saying instead of reading what you want
to see in what I say. Never ever should we back down on our princibles,
however our current mentality is a non caring of the user in any way...
which is wrong. we need to strike a balance.

> emails, and think:
>
>  ``Frankly, I'd rather cut my own leg off with a spoon''

Enjoy, it will probably happen sooner or later if you continue to read
what you want into what others say.

> If people want a distribution that panders to non-free software, they should
> go elsewhere.
>
> Cheers, Phil.
>
> P.S. I don't mind having non-free software available to our users (I even
> maintain some) but compromising our principals is not something that is going
> to happen, however marvelous the non-freeware in question is.

again. listen. it helps.

Particle man, Particle man
Doing the things a Particle can
Whats he like? Its not important
Particle man is he a dot, or is he a speck
When He's underwater does he get wet, or does the water get him instead?
- -Particle Man, by They Might Be Giants.

- -K