Intent to package dtmf-dial

New Package: dtmfdial
Licence: GPL

I checked the wnpp and didn't find this...nor did I find it in a quick
grepping of the packages files from unstable.

it is simple and I should be able to have it up in a few days

A friend pointed this program out to me. It is available from somewhere on
sunsite. Simple program...you type:

dtmfdial 617-628-6643 and you hear my phone number.
suposedly you can hold your phone reciver up to it and it will
dial. (I didn't try it...but it works on the same principall as comercial phone
dialers..and the tones sound close enough for my ears)

for those who don't know:
DTMF stands for "Duel Tone Multiple Frequency" and it is the device
inside your touchtone telephone which makes the tones when you press
the buttons. How it actually works well...there is plenty of good technical
info aroun don that if you just go look ;)

BTW it also does tones A B C and D...which do not exist on your telephone
AFIAK they are useless (I think they were used on military telephones..
and had some illigitimate use of some sort...I forget its
been a long time since I read about them)

-Steve

--
** Stephen Carpenter ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** sjc@delphi.com **
"All authority is quite degrading."