Re: Intent to package: two small network utilities

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> I intent to package echoping and queso for slink.

Haven't tried schoping yet, but queso is a nice tool...

> A question regarding policy: these two programs are fairly small and simple.
> It can be a bad idea to make a package for such little tools. I found nothing
> in the policy about it. Should I include them in a larger package? Is it
> possible with tools like deb-make since they come from different sources?

If those tools come in separate upstream archives, it's better to make a
separate package for each (Not only the policy says so, but it's also
easier to manage for the Debian maintainer in the long run).

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS    vincent@{{waw,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:        Open Hardware:              WAW:               -