Re: RH and GNOME

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Raul Miller wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 21, 1998 at 02:41:25PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> > > Can we start up a list, maybe debian-public, to discuss high-level
> > > documentation issues, user (and non-user) surveys, things like
> > > the debian logo, and the helpful side of bragging about our
> > > accomplishments?
>
> Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> wrote:
> > I don't know what others think, but perhaps we can use
> > debian-publicity (working already) for this.
>
> Well... the list charter would be very different.  I suppose the
> people on that list would have to say what they think about the
> change.

for discussions that lack immediate (technical) relevance, but serve a
good purpose to discuss issues indirectly relevant to Debian or just rant
away into the blue without flooding debian-devel with bandwith wasting
meta-flamewars.

IMHO "forum" is a better name than "public" or "publicity", which to me
seem to indicate a different sort of subjects and purposes.

Cheers,

Joost