Re: RH and GNOME

> > That is niether here nor there... If the 'ac' series of kernels gradually
> > digresses farther and farther from the main kernel tree until binary
> > compatibility is compromised, and RedHat uses the 'ac' series of kernels,
> > eventually you WILL have a 'standard' problem.. RedHat will be the
>
> But will it be "Linux"? If not, can Linus (as the trademark holder)
> sue their pants off for trademark infringement?

Copyright, afaik.. And it could be "RedHat Linux" instead of just "Linux".
But since the distribution is already "RedHat Linux", nobody would notice.
This is merely conjecture. As I said in a later posting, I don't predict
RedHat doing something like that yet. But I think it's a good reference to
think at.

> Hamish

-Kysh