Re: RH and GNOME

> > I might mention that you were the one who mentioned employee ownership
> > of intellectual property in the first place. RedHat is hiring
> > developers to work -for them- and produce software -for them-. The
> > legalities of this are questionable.
>
> Kysh... It's still legal to work for a living.

Again, you avoid the point. I believe strongly in the Gnu manifesto. I
believe, however, and it's strictly my opinion, (I've never said it
wasn't, but I wanted to make sure you realized this, because I don't want
to have to retype a reply to every single letter to clarify every single
analogy/etc) that RedHat software's main ethical focus is to make money
and to increase market share. There's nothing overtly evil in that.
I believe that, to maintain their image in the face of the fact that they
-are- commercial, they hire people to develop GPL'd software. I also
believe that they are -also- going for the inside edge with this move.
This is typical behaviour, and I won't -fault- them for it. However they
are competing against organizations such as Debian who are NOT commercial
and are there for no reason other than to serve the free software
community. It's a marvelous thing! Think about it -- If you said, `The foo
project has been established to allow everyone free long distance
telephone service', you'd be worse than laughed at - You'd be cast off as
a loon. This is how our 'capitalist society' works - `Nuthin's free, boy.
If you ain't got the money, beat it.'... This is how the mainstream
corporate software entities do business, too.

The free software society -- And it is a society -- is a society based on
the common good. Would you rather see Linux dominate the world or would
you rather see more and more free software available for everyone, if the
two were mutually exclusive?

> Does any of this have any bearing on getting hamm released?

Do you realize how hypocritical it is to post a reply and then (If
obliquely) criticize the thread?

I only posted one thing.. the rest have been replies.

-Kysh