[OT] Hurd, was Re: The LSB and packages

Marcus Brinkmann writes:
> Well, at least the Debian GNU/Hurd project will use dpkg for now (as soon as
> I or somebody else get to compile this beast on the Hurd :), so it may well
> be that the GNU project will base its distribution on dpkg, too.

While we're talking about the Hurd, am I right to think it is going to be
binary compatible with Debian GNU/Linux, as long as both use glibc (on the
same platform, of course)?

I'm curious about the Hurd, yet I can't find much info in the FSF pages. I had
the impression development had sort of stopped as Linux was being ported to
more and more architectures (putting the whole "microkernel argument" to
rest).

Thanks,

--
Adriano