Re: Debian i386 freeze

> 	Think about it. We call ourselves Debian GNU/Linux (See the
>  GNU?). We promise to be 100% free software. We promise to put

Manoj, even RMS explains what GNU in GNU/Linux does in a different way.
He actually wants that everyone called Linux GNU/Linux - and not because
every Linux distributor and user embraces GNU philosophy, but as a tribute
to the fact that most of the Linux system (except the kernel) are GNU
utilities which are as much important as the kenel.

> 	However, I am now going to be drawn into another war on this;
>  I just say to epople, read the DFSG, and draw your own conclusions.

Free software philosophy is not the same as GNU philosophy.

If several years ago "GNU" in the name of the project was "cool" and kinda
helped in drawing attention to a new project, then now
it is rather a distraction. And I am not saying that we should remove "GNU"
part of our name, just stop drawing the conclusions the it's presence binds us
to GNU philosophy.

Thanks.

Alex Y.
--