Re: Mac emulating Linux i386, install disks problem, and other silliness.

Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> You say later that it is a G3.  Note that G3's are, or soon will be,
> supported by Apple's MkLinux kernel (www.mklinux.apple.com) and you
> could run debian-powerpc on the MkLinux kernel.  Ask the
> debian-powerpc people for more info.

Thanks.

However, I knew about that.  In this case, the person wants to *try*
linux first, without having to repartition his drive.  Plus it's
somewhat interesting in a perverse sort of way.

On another note, from what I've heard getting Debian up under MkLinux
or linux-pmac is somewhat a pain, whereas (except for this one
problem) installing on an i386 machine is quite straightforward.