Re: Intent to package: GGlyph

James Troup <james@nocrew.org> wrote:
> Eh? Clearly not.  The entire point of contrib is for DFSG-free
> software which depends on something not in main.  As all the packages
> you listed below do.

Yes, that's the purpose of contrib.  That doesn't mean that it satisfies
the GPL however.  For example, section 10 of the GPL says that if you
want to incorporate GPLed code with other free software which doesn't
meet GPL's standards that you should write the author for an exception
to the GPL.

I didn't see any evidence on any of these packages that such an exception
had been granted.

--
Raul