Re: Upcoming Debian 2.0 Release

Martin Schulze <joey@kuolema.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

> > libreadline2      22941  libreadline2 depends on libc6 [48]  (Guy Maor <maor@debian.org>)
>
> An NMU should be sufficient, right?

Done and in Incoming.  (Though I really think holding up hamm over
this kind of trivial bug is pathetic; we need to some way to stop
people terrorizing releases with so-called release-critical bugs)

> > binutils          23153  strip: stripped binary(executable) dumping core.  [42]  (Galen Hazelwood <galenh@micron.net>)
>
> If we haven't fixed this already, I believe it's out of our scope and power
> to fix it as it is an upstram bug.  What we can do is to allow core dumping
> binaries to be released non-stripped.

Which is exactly what Rob plans to do.

> > emacs20           24236  emacs20, postrm is broken.. [12]  (Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>)
>
> Ouch!  Is a fix already out?  Who's going to do an NMU?

See binutils bug.  #24236 is already fixed, Rob was (emphasis on past
tense) waiting on a working strip.

--
James
~Yawn And Walk North~                                  http://yawn.nocrew.org/